Monday, September 14, 2009

2 from Giada's Kitchen

Giada de Laurentis is one of my favorites on Food Network. Her recipes are easy and I have not tried any I didn't like. This week I made:

Asparagus and Zucchini Crudi
Pork Chops with Sweet Onion Marmellata

For those of you who don't speak Italian (And I am one of them) 'crudi' means raw. I did blanch the asparagus however, don't care for it raw. This was easy to put together and is very tasty. The vegetables are tossed with a lemon dressing and topped with slivers of Pecorino Romano. Will do this again.

The chops are 'marinated' with thyme, rosemary and garlic for 30 minutes before grilling. The herb theme continues in the sauting of the onions and at the end orange marmalade is stirred in. Excellent addition to the onions. I am looking forward to the leftovers!

Dessert was another look at last weeks 'sauce' I grilled a nectarine and basted it with the lime/butter/brown sugar mix. Liked this better than the baked bananas.

Also did a snack for the Bears game (Turned out much better than the game) Roasted drained garbanzo beans with EVOO and some spices. Yummy! Went well with my favorite drink these days...Arnold Palmer's. Lemonade and iced tea.

Until next week, bye for now! Happy Cooking!

2 comments:

  1. Once again, YUM! I especially like the sound of the pork chops and the game time snack. I too like Giadam but we joke about her big hands and all those teeth. From the looks of her, it is hard to believe she eats most of what she cooks. Any hint about next week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a couple of possibilities for next week...depends on the weather. Big Hands?? NEVER TRUST A SKINNY COOK!!

    ReplyDelete