Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas with the family

I am a bit late posting this, but it has been a busy couple of weeks. I spent a few days with my southern family in Atlanta. Warmer weather and great company. One of the many highlights was a visit to TG's kindergarten class. Grandma Marilyn read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' to the kids. Great fun. Lots of big eyes. The holiday service at Parkway Baptist Church was lovely, especially watching TG in the children's choir. She takes after her Grandma in her love of singing. Lunch with Don and Carole Guffey after service was fun with lots of catching up.

Visited my northern family in Middleton for a couple of days as well. As always the holiday service was very special. Lots of traditional holiday music. A very nice church is St. Luke's. Since we are all foodies, our meals were excellent. Christmas Eve after church, we feasted on Chris's clam chowder and Mary's cheese biscuits. A good way to end the day. Christmas dinner (as always) was a foodie paradise. We were joined by Mary's parents, Larry and Loretta. Here's what was on Chris and Mary's Table:

Macadamia Nut-Crusted Goat Cheese and Crackers
Pepperoni and Asiago Pinwheels
Italian Beef Rib Roast, with Parsnips and Roasted Potatoes
Broccoli and Cauliflower Gratin
Carrots with Lime and Toasted Pecans
Rice Pudding with Raisins and Caramel Sauce

We certainly got our 5 vegetables in today. Not often that happens. A movie for the late afternoon and good conversation. I look forward to my New Years table. You will notice a 'lightening' of meals on my table in the coming year. I look forward to 2011 being a Happy Healthy New Year for us all.

Hope you like my new graphic. I plan to have it change with the seasons. Thank you Chris. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment